The Importance of Setting Monthly Goals + 20 Goals to Set This Month
At the beginning of every year, we put time and effort into coming up with New Year Resolutions that are meaningful and important to us. And by March, chances are that most of us have already forgotten about them. This month is all about goal setting 101 – and how to FINALLY turn those resolutions into reality.
Now that we’re in the third month of 2018, let’s take a minute to think back on the goals we set for ourselves back in January. Have you made a dent in accomplishing them? Are you on track to really crush your goals by the end of the year? If you’re staring at your screen thinking “no way girlfriend” then stick with me, here.
A crucial step that most of us forget about when creating those lofty resolutions is to Break. Them. Down. Your big scary goals won’t seem so big and scary anymore if you just take the time to break them down into bite-size versions! And the best way to do that is by setting MONTHLY GOALS for yourself that are based around those big crazy dreams you made your resolutions this year.
I’ll give ya some examples here:
If I want to read 24 books in 2018, it’ll be my goal each month to read two books.
If I want to lose 15 pounds in 2018, it’ll be my goal each month to shed 1.25 pounds
If I want become a better cook in 2018, it’ll be my goal each month to learn how to make one new dish.
Make sense?! I don’t know about you, but it is SO MUCH easier for my brain to process those smaller goals – even though I know they’re totally equal to the big scary goals. And since it’s so much easier for us to process those smaller monthly goals, we are WAY more likely to actually accomplish them. It seems so much less daunting to think about learning just one awesome new recipe than it does to figure out how the heck to become a better cook.
So let me know in the comments below… do you set monthly goals for yourself? If you do, what goals have you set for March? Take some time to make sure that your monthly goals are aligned with your yearly resolutions and will help get you closer and closer to those big dreams as the year goes by!
20 GOALS TO SET THIS MONTH TO GET YOU CLOSER TO YOUR RESOLUTIONS
Need some help getting started on setting monthly goals? Whether your resolutions are based around health, wellness, or your lifestyle, these examples may be a good starting point!
11. Spend less money on food/coffee
12. Read 2 books
13. Journal a few nights per week
14. Wake up a bit earlier each day
15. Cut out one bad habit
16. Get started on a DIY project you’ve been putting off
17. Do something fun and out of your comfort zone
18. Explore a new town
19. Start learning a new skill
20. Put a focus on work/life balance
1. Drink 80 ounces of water per day
2. Get to the gym 2 or 3 times per week
3. Incorporate greens into meals daily
4. Do a quick morning workout every weekday
5. Prep healthy meals ahead of time
6. Learn three new yoga poses
7. Have a weekly self-care night
8. Schedule time with friends
9. De-stress after work every day
10. Limit screen time upon waking up
MY MARCH GOALS
– Read 3 books
– Develop a better routine
– Start working on my hand-lettering! (P.S. if anyone has any tips/books/recommendations for this one, send ‘em my way!)
– Get more into journaling
– Track my expenses and stay on track with my annual money-saving goals